If you read my ‘Amsterdam’ post then you will know that I tried my first Acai bowl during my trip there and now I am hooked! Where I live in the U.K., there aren’t many places that sell acai bowls, so if I am craving one, the wisest option is to make a homemade bowl of acai goodness.
A place near me that does sell acai bowls however, is London. So when I am next there I’ll definitely be wanting to try out some of the cafes that sell them, so stay tuned for reviews!
If you ever visit London and want to try their acai bowls, here are a few places that sell them
Click on the links above to see their menus 🙂
Anyway, I wanted to share with you my favourite acai bowl recipe. I’ve done a lot of googling, searching through Instagram and other blogs and my favourite recipe that I’ve found is definitely this one (courtesy of @Zeniakim on Instagram):
- 1 Sambazon Acai Superfruit Pack (pure unsweetened, frozen) (100g) or 2 tbs acai powder (if you live in the U.K, Holland and Barrett, Tesco, Asda and other main supermarkets sell Organic Acai Powder)
- 1/2 banana (can be frozen), chopped into several pieces
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened (or other liquid of choice)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or any other nut butter (if you want you can save this and put it on top of your acai base or you can add some to your base and some on top, whichever floats your boat!)
- If you want your acai base to be sweeter, add 1 tsp of honey
- 3/4 cup granola (if you want a healthy granola, google Madeleine Shaws or Deliciously Ellas recipe or just search for a healthy granola recipe online and you can make a fresh batch for yourself. If you don’t want to do this, there are many healthy granolas for sale in all the main supermarkets!)
- Strawberry halves
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp goji berries (these will MAKE your acai bowl a 9/10 to 100/10!
- Coconut flakes
These toppings are optional, you can change them to suit your taste buds. Personally I would go for granola, banana, nut butter and goji berries as the toppings for my acai bowl.
1. Run the frozen Sambazon packet under water for 5 seconds. Break up the packet then empty into a powerful blender (I use the blendtec). Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until creamy.
2. Immediately pour into a bowl and top with the toppings you desire. Serve right away and enjoy. Bon appetite!