I think one thing that I’d like to talk about is self love. I think it’s something we all battle with and a main emotion we deprive ourselves of.. but why? We should love ourselves for so many reasons. I truly believe it is important for our health and well-being that we practice self love.
There are many ways you can practice self-love, for example:
- List a few or how many as you want, positive things about yourself – whether that be in your head, jotted down on a piece of paper, typed into a note on your phone, however you wanna do it, just gradually start to think so many times a week or even daily, about reasons why you love you!
- Deep breathing – if you’re ever suffering from anxiety or bad thoughts, just breath and think about things that make you smile, it can be anything and remember the list of all the things you love about yourself and remember how good it felt to write that list and realise your good qualities. Learn to love and trust yourself bit by bit, it won’t happen overnight but the more you practice self love, I assure you, the more you’ll feel it.
- Make sure to make time for you! A lot of the time we’re too busy spending time on other things and/or others that we forget to unwind and have some me time. Put on your favourite film, go out for a walk, have your favourite food & drink, chill, take a nap, do whatever it is that makes you happy and feel good about yourself.
- I think one of the main things about loving yourself is learning to listen to your body. If you’re tired then rest, if you’re hungry then eat, if you need to exercise then exercise, your intuition is usually right so learn to listen to what your body needs. Being hungry and tired is not a good combination so take care of you!
- Don’t compare yourself! So many people these days go through social media and start to compare themselves to other individuals and how better their life is than theirs. STOP! If you suffer from this, unfollow and delete anyone and any apps that make you feel like this. It is a unhealthy relationship to start, trust me! Think about how lucky you are to be alive and have a life and rather than comparing your life to someone else’s, concentrate more on your own life and how precious it is.
Here are some quotes that I really like, I hope you do too:
I hope this post helps you think more positively about yourself, it’s crucial we look after ourself physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. I’m going to end this post with a quote:
‘Positive mind, positive vibes, positive life.’